Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Volunteer of the Month

I just got this email, it feels good to do something for someone else.
As a side note - I've realized that maybe my path is not one that I should seek out but maybe it is the one I am already on.



Dear Staff, Trustees & Volunteers:

Rupa Singh is “Volunteer of the Month” for May. Rupa is an architect by trade, and has been volunteering in the preschool classrooms at the Friends Family Center since November 2008.

Rupa enjoys spending time with children and assists our teachers with crafts, games and curriculum lessons. Recently, she facilitated a photography project where she took candid shots of all of the children in their classes. She also taught each of the graduating preschoolers how to use a digital camera and allowed them to take the camera home to take their own freestyle photos. The children are very proud of their accomplishment. All of the photos from her project are framed and hung in the hallway leading to the preschool classes for all to enjoy. Take a look when you have time.

Thanks, Rupa!

-Jessica


1004 St. John Street Richmond, VA 23220

804-644-2357 (Phone) 804-644-0509 (Fax)

www.friendsassn.org

1 comment:

  1. congratulations Rupa! I know that they appreciate all of your hard work as a volunteer. I've also enjoyed reading about your projects with the center.
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete