Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A book for the mommy to be!

My high school friend A is pregnant and I wanted to make her something to store all her ultrasound photos so, I made this book. I love making books especially if they have a specific purpose, like this one.

Steps:

1. Cut out 5.5x5.5 sheets of paper for pages (green) and pockets (white). I cut 12 pages (2 of which are for the front and back covers) and 10 pockets.

2. Fold the pockets in half and place on the bottom of the pages.

3. Stitch the pocket to the pages.

4. Design and make the cover.

5. You should have a cover, 10 pages and a back.

6. Make the holes for the binding. I followed this video.

7. Sew it together. I followed this video.

8. Fin-knee-toe, just need to mail to A to start adding the images to the book.

**a few quotes from a mom I chatted with today**

"no better way to grow up overnight than to see the plus sign on the pee stick"

"i mean its not ALL cuteness and giggles of course..there is a "dark side""

**thanks N

No comments:

Post a Comment